A woman who said she was carrying Dallas Mavericks’ star Dirk Nowitzki’s child was pregnant after she was booked into the Dallas County jail on May 6, according to a newspaper report.

The Dallas Morning News reported Tuesday that medical records it obtained from the Dallas County jail and Parkland Hospital showed 37-year-old Crista Ann Taylor was administered the pregnancy test and the result was positive. The tests do not determine paternity.

Taylor signed a release form Friday during a jailhouse interview in Beaumont giving the newspaper access to the records.

Taylor (a former stripper of course) has said that Nowitzki was her fiance and that she learned she was pregnant after she was arrested at his house on a probation violation and theft of services warrants.

A call seeking comment by The Associated Press to Nowitzki’s attorney was not immediately returned Tuesday evening. Dallas Mavericks’ spokeswoman Sarah Melton said she had no comment.

Robert Hart, Nowitzki’s lawyer, had said in a statement released to ESPN.com on Thursday, “If in the remote instance there is any validity to this woman’s claim of pregnancy, Dirk will do whatever can be done to ensure the well being of the child.”

After Taylor’s arrest May 6, a woman identifying herself as Taylor’s best friend was telling media outlets that Taylor was pregnant with Nowitzki’s baby. That, Hart’s statement said, raised questions about the claim Taylor learned she was pregnant at the jail.

“In fact, we found it strange that a friend of hers was at Dirk’s house right after the arrest telling anyone who would listen that she was pregnant,” Hart’s statement said. “As with all things coming from this woman’s mouth, we are highly skeptical.”

Taylor told the newspaper that she’d lived with Nowitzki for the last two years.

The News reported Taylor did not know it planned to bring medical release forms to the jailhouse interview. But shortly after entering the glass-divided visitation booth, Taylor saw that the reporter brought a folder.

“Are those release forms?” she asked. “May I please sign them right now?”

The forms were passed to a jailer and Taylor filled them out and signed the forms. The jailer signed one of the forms as a witness.

“I can’t wait until you get those results,” she said. “I know they won’t lie. Can you hurry up and get them?”

She was indicted in September 2006 on a theft of services charge for failing to pay a Beaumont dentist for dental work ranging from $1,500 to $20,000 she received in 2004. She has $50,000 bond set on the theft of services charge, but was also arrested for a probation violation out of St. Charles County, Mo., and is being held without bond on that charge.

If convicted of the theft of services charge, a state jail felony, Taylor could be sentenced to prison for up to two years.

Her arraignment is now scheduled for June 8.

I also found this article about how this isn’t the first football player that Taylor has gone after.

Meanwhile, former NFL quarterback Tony Banks said he had a brief relationship with Taylor in 1997, The Dallas Morning News reported Thursday on its Web site.

After the relationship ended, Banks said, Taylor began making harassing phone calls to him, his agent, and, disturbingly, to his St. Louis Rams head coach, Dick Vermeil, The Morning News reported.

Banks notified team security, which learned of Taylor’s criminal history and that she had used multiple identities, The Morning News reported.

Banks, 36, retired in 2005 after nine season with five NFL teams, including a short time with the Dallaw Cowboys in 2001.

The two met in 1997 when Banks was 24 and in his second season with the St. Louis Rams. At that time, Banks said he thinks Taylor went by the name Theresa, The Morning News reported on its Web site.

In 1994, under the name Crystal Ann Taylor, she had pleaded guilty to felony forgery in St. Louis County, The Dallas newspaper reported.

After the relationship was over, Banks said he found out that Taylor got his contact information through a college friend who did marketing for him after he was drafted. When Banks decided not to hire the friend as an agent, he “sicced” Taylor on him, Banks said in the Morning News report.

Although he first told her he didn’t want to see her, Banks said after seeing a picture of her, he was interested and starting dating her, The Morning News reported.

“She showed her crazy (side) pretty early,” Banks told the newspaper.

The harassing phone calls to Vermeil led the coach to be concerned about Banks’ off-the-field conduct and maturity level, the former quarterback told The Morning News.

Taylor’s criminal history doesn’t stop with the forgery and theft of service charges.

In the spring of 1999, Taylor pleaded guilty to multiple felony forgery and stealing charges in St. Charles and St. Louis counties in Missouri and was put on five years’ probation, the newspaper reported.

In court records, she listed an address in Friendswood, outside Houston, where she was living with her new husband, James C. Westerhaus, The Morning News reported.

In 2000, she quit reporting to a Texas probation officer, and has been sought by Missouri authorities since an arrest warrant was issued in April 2001.

A month later, her divorce to Westerhaus was finalized, a divorce he sought because of credit card debt and bad checks, The Morning News reported.

She next surfaced in Beaumont in 2003.
Taylor seems like a girl who has been chasing ballers for a long time in hopes that she could get pregnant and be taken care of for a good 18 years.

source source